At a Glance
Students: 1,309 (full-time and part-time)
Faculty: 196 (full-time and part-time)
Office of the Dean: William Levine Hall, 160 Frelinghuysen Road, Busch Campus
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.)
- Master of Science (M.S.) (Awarded through the Graduate School–New Brunswick)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) (Awarded through the Graduate School–New Brunswick)
- Rutgers is the foremost pharmacy school in New Jersey and one of the top institutions of its kind in the nation.
- Located on Rutgers’ Busch Campus, the school is surrounded by the science complexes of Rutgers and the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- The school’s Pharm.D. program prepares students for careers as practicing pharmacists in community, hospital, academic, managed health care, and industrial settings. Undergraduates are admitted directly to the six-year course of study.
- Graduate students can pursue M.S. and Ph.D. programs in pharmaceutical science, medicinal chemistry, and toxicology, the last offered jointly with the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
- The school sponsors the nationally recognized postgraduate Pharmaceutical Industry Fellowship program.
- The school is home to the Center for Cancer Prevention Research, one of the few research centers in the country dedicated to the prevention, rather than the treatment, of cancer.