At a Glance
Students: 20,315 (full-time and part-time)
Faculty: 1,608 (full-time and part-time)
Office of the Dean: 77 Hamilton Street, College Avenue Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
Bachelor of Science (B.S.)
View the more than 70 majors and minors offered to SAS students.
Advanced degrees taught by the SAS faculty are offered through the Graduate School–New Brunswick.
- The School of Arts and Sciences provides core curriculum classes to all undergraduate students in New Brunswick.
- The school has 40 academic departments and programs that offer more than 70 majors and minors, ranging from the biological and physical sciences to the humanities, mathematics, and the social and behavioral sciences.
- Byrne Seminars offer the opportunity to first-year students to study with senior members of the faculty.
- The school’s faculty include world-class researchers who also teach graduate programs in their areas of expertise. Opportunities for one-on-one research with faculty are available through the Aresty Research Center for Undergraduates.
- Global experiences come alive with more than 60 international programs offered by Rutgers Study Abroad in over 30 countries.
- The Honors Program engages exceptional students in challenging learning beyond the traditional classroom, including extensive personalized advising, a Faculty Mentor Program, funding for research, and residential options for honors students on each campus.
- Rutgers is one of only 16 universities in partnership with the United Nations that provides special access to UN activities for students and faculty.