At a Glance
Students: 1,459 (full-time and part-time)
Faculty: 158 (full-time and part-time)
Office of the Dean: 536 George Street, College Avenue Campus
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Social Work (Awarded through the School of Arts and Sciences)
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) (Awarded through the Graduate School–New Brunswick)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Social Work (D.S.W.)
- In the undergraduate program, students gain an understanding of complex social problems through rigorous academics and real-world experience and are prepared for beginning social work practice.
- The M.S.W. degree program is highly flexible, allowing for full-time, part-time, evening, and weekend attendance to accommodate students of many backgrounds.
- The 100% Online M.S.W. in Clinical Social Work is designed for self-directed students who seek the flexibility and convenience of online learning. The program offers a robust online learning community with close interactions between students and faculty.
- The Blended Online M.S.W. offers students the flexibility and convenience of online learning combined with a traditional “in person” classroom setting for advanced coursework.
- The school offers a three-year, intensive weekend M.S.W. program that allows social services employees to continue working full time while attending class at an off-campus locations.
- A number of accelerated dual-degree programs are available in conjunction with other schools, including an M.S.W. with a juris doctor or master of divinity degree.
- The school is home to cutting-edge research centers and institutes, including the Center for Gambling Studies, Center for International Social Work, Center for Nonprofit Management and Governance, Center on Violence Against Women and Children, and the Institute for Families.
- A broad array of gerontology programs addresses this increasingly vital specialization from many perspectives and academic levels.
- Individual workshops and certificate programs are available in a myriad of relevant areas for practicing professionals who want to stay abreast of developments in the field or to learn additional specialties.