Clarissa Vinciguerra, a School of Arts and Sciences double-major in art history and anthropology, researched and wrote content for this page while earning 3 credits as an intern for Rutgers’ Department of University Relations.
Three Reasons Clarissa Took on the Challenge
- “Students (including myself) and faculty are surrounded by sculptures we know nearly nothing about.”
- “I wanted to learn the meaning behind the artists’ works and share these sculptures with other students.”
- “Many of us spend years at the university never really understanding the value of the art and history of Rutgers.”
Best Aspects of the Project
- Directly “corresponding with the artists.”
- Picking up “professional skills I will use long after my years at Rutgers.”